1. Sells only raw vegan food which uses minimal energy to make (except from the sun). No animals have to be fed or killed to produce this food. This means LOTS of WATER and RESOURCE SAVINGS!
2. Sells wild crafted products from the Amazon rainforest to provide Amazon natives with an income that is derived from maintaining the rainforest not cutting it down.
3. Heats our offices with soy-bio-diesel fuel. Additional heat is provided by a stove that burns corn which is purchased from a local farmer.
4. Uses recycled and reused boxes and packing material.
5. Uses biodegradable corn starch packing peanuts.
6. Uses recycled 100% post consumer, non chlorine bleach paper for all paper uses.
7. Uses recycled 100% post consumer waste paper and soy-based ink for our catalogs.
8. Uses recycled paper and soy based ink for product labels on Natural Zing branded products.
9. Uses green energy for our electricity.
10. Uses energy star appliances.
11. Natural Zing’s new warehouse is a green building which has a passive solar design that reduces heating and cooling costs. In addition, it has radiant heat flooring and is painted with low VOC paint.
12. Recycles ink cartridges, electronic devices, paper, glass and plastic.
13. Though the warehouse, because of its design,uses minimal electricity, solar panels will be installed this fall to power the warehouse and the adjacent building that holds our offices.
14. Uses sunlight as much as possible as our light source.
15. Consciously seeks ways to reduce our footprint on the earth. Our new area of focus is packaging. We are researching compostable packaging for our labeled products.
In addition: The owners of Natural Zing grow food in their greenhouse dome all year and give our harvest to employees, friends, family and neighbors.