Tricolor Quinoa Rejuvelac
Rejuvelac is a general term for a fermented liquid purported to improve digestion of food. Rejuvelac is prepared using whole wheat, rye, quinoa, oats, barley, millet, buckwheat, rice & other types of grain. Rejuvelac can be consumed as a digestive aid & used as a 'starter' for other fermented foods such as raw nut & seed sauces, cheeses, & Essene Breads. Rejuvelac may contain B vitamins, Vitamins E & K, & a variety of proteins, dextrines, carbohydrates, phosphates & amylases. Lactic acid is also produced during the fermentation.
How to Make Rejulevac:Rejuvelac is a raw food made by sprouting a grain & then soaking the sprouted grain in water for about two days at room temperature & then drinking the liquid. A second batch can be made from the same sprouts, this time requiring only about one day. A third batch is possible but you may not like the flavor.
1. Soak 1 c. quinoa for 12 hours in a quart jar and then drain water.
2. Add water to fill jar about 3/4 full and let sit for one to two days.
3. Drink the water. You can put more water in and make a second batch by
soaking one day.
1 c Quinoa
1. Soak Quinoa for 12 to 24 hours and drain.
2. Put in bowl and eat. Optionally serve with raisins, seeds, cinnamon,
honey or natural sweetener.
1 c sprouted (soaked ) tricolor quinoa
2 T each carrot, celery, red bell pepper, small diced
1/4 c olive oil
1/2 t sea salt
optional: mixed spices, usually Italian, like basil
1. Mix in bowl and serve. Serve over mixed greens for a great salad option.
You may also add your own dressing instead of olive oil.