Happy Earth Day! We wanted to share with you some ways Natural Zing helps to save the planet.
1. We sell only raw, vegan food which uses minimal energy to make (except from the sun). No animals have to be fed or killed to produce this food. This means LOTS of WATER and RESOURCE SAVINGS!
2. We sell wildcrafted products from the Amazon rainforest which provides Amazon natives with an income that is derived from maintaining the rainforest not cutting it down.
3. Natural Zing uses UPS's Offset Scope 3 Emission with Carbon Neutral Shipping Program.
“Keep in mind that not only is our warehouse going to be solar powered, but all our offices and other locations are wind powered through the power choice program, thus all of Natural Zing’s electricity is being supplied by sun and wind,”
5. Heats our offices with soy-bio-diesel fuel. Additional heat is provided by a stove that burns corn which is purchased from a local farmer.
6. Uses recycled and reused boxes and packing material.
7. Uses biodegradable corn starch packing peanuts.
8. Uses recycled 100% post consumer, non chlorine bleach paper for all paper uses.
9. Uses recycled 100% post consumer waste paper and soy-based ink for our catalogs.
10. Uses energy star appliances.
11. Natural Zing’s warehouse is a green building which has a passive solar design that reduces heating and cooling costs. In addition, it has radiant heat flooring and is painted with low VOC paint.
12. Recycles ink cartridges, electronic devices, paper, glass and plastic.
13. Uses sunlight as much as possible as our light source.
14. Consciously seeks ways to reduce our footprint on the earth. Our new area of focus is packaging. We are researching compostable packaging for our labeled products.
In addition: The owners of Natural Zing grow food in their greenhouse dome and organic farm and give our harvest to employees, friends, family and neighbors.