Ginger & Caramel Date Doughnuts with Coconut Glaze
•1/2 cup raw, organic cashew flour
raw, organic sprouted flax powder
•3 TBSP raw, organic chia seeds
•½ cup water
•7 raw, organic dates
•2 TBSP lemon zest
•about 1 TBSP grated ginger (or to taste)
•1 tsp raw, organic turmeric
For the frosting:•1 cup raw, organic shredded coconut
•2 TBSP raw, organic virgin coconut oil, melted
•2 TBSP natural liquid sweetener of choice
•Toppings: raw, organic cacao nibs and grated raw, organic almonds
1) Mix the flax seed powder with the water and let sit for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
2) Mix cashew flour with chia seeds, lemon zest, ginger and turmeric.
3) Add the flax seed water mix to the rest of the ingredients and mix by hand until you have a sticky ‘dough’.
4) Roll pieces of dough into balls, slightly flatten them then make a hole in the middle.
5) Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes before frosting.
6) To make the frosting add all the ingredients to a blender & blend up until creamy and soft.
7) Refrigerate the frosting for about 10-15 minutes to firm up.
8) Frost the doughnuts & sprinkle with toppings.
Note: Best served chilled.