Recipe: Creamy Collards
Recipe by: Helen Rose, Raw Food Chef
8 collard leaves
1/2 C water
2 C cashews
1 tsp salt
1/3 c lemon juice
1 tsp stone crushed olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic
- Cut collards in quarters length wise.
- Then cut them in ribbon (linguini) shape across.
- Rinse then spin.
- Sauce: put all other ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Add more lemon juice and/or salt to get taste perfect. Note: Don't be afraid of the garlic taste it mellows once spread out on the leaves. Beside garlic has many health benefits, so garlic lovers party on.
- Pour sauce over cut up collard leaves.
- Blend sauce in with hands or spoon.
- Chill. Serve. Yum.
A Red Pepper Hummus Wrap (wrapped in a collard leaf) served with creamy collards side