Saturday Morning Potluck Granola
- ½ cup water
- 3 ounces dates, pitted and quartered (about 5 medjool or 10 deglet)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sliced almonds
1. Place the water, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a blender and set aside for at least 10 - 30
minutes (dates will soften). Do not blend yet.
Prepare oven/ dehydrator:
For the oven method, preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
For the raw method use a dehydrator set at 110 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, raisins, and nuts. Set aside.
3. Now blend the water, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until smooth. Pour into the bowl of oats, raisins, nuts and mix with a fork.
4. Raw Method: Spread over parchment on dehydrator trays and dehydrate for 24 hours at 105-125 F until
desired consistency. Shuffle around and flip a bit after 6 hours. Cool Completely.
Oven Method: Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet, breaking up any big clumps. Cook on the center rack for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and using a spatula, shuffle the granola around a bit. Return to the oven for an additional 30 minutes. It should be a light to medium brown when done. For full crunchiness, completely cool the granola first.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to preserve freshness.
Makes awesome snacks and trail mixes. You can make variations by substituting other dried fruits or nuts
(e.g. Pecans and Cranberries). You can also add 3-4 TBS Cocoa Powder and make a Chocolate Granola.
Eat as a snack or serve with fresh Raw Almond Milk. Enjoy!