Raw Vegan Creamed Spinach Salad

Harvest time for fresh greens.  Today I am featuring spinach.  When the spinach comes in you get a lot all at once.  So what I do is I start coming up with recipes.  My latest is Creamed Spinach Salad.  I use fresh raw spinach and make a cashew garlic lemon sauce.  It is good.  I made this last Friday evening for sides at my vegetarian cafe and we sold out of in in one day.   For the locals in Maryland....don't worry I am planning to make more this Friday and another batch next week. 

Recipe:
1 lb of baby spinach
2 cup Natural Zing Raw Cashews (soaked for 4 hrs)
2 cloves garlic
2 lemon juiced
1 table spoon of Natural Zing Agave Nectar
1/3 cup Olive Oil, Raw
1/2 cup of water add if needed for smooth texture.
1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt

Wash the fresh spinach carefully.  Make sure to be gently yet thoroughly clean them ideally with a salad spinner.  Put spinach in a large mixing bowl.

Blend all ingredients except the spinach in a in a food processor or high speed blender.  Blend/Mix until smooth.  Pour over the spinach and mix with large spoon or with your hands until the sauce is spread evenly over the spinach.

Great additions:  Add a little shredded carrot for color.

Other options:  This sauce is great with a little pepper added black or Cayenne.  Sauce is also great on collards.  Chop up the raw collards into strips like flat noodles and mix like the spinach.

Recipe and article by Helen Rose, Raw Chef, & Co-Owner of Superfoods on Main.


Comments