Immunity Boost - Super C Orange Creamsicle

January three years ago, I was working at my cafe and it seemed every other person was coming in with just getting over the FLU or with really BAD COLDS.  I started feeling funny myself, so I thought how can I boost my immune system before I get sick too.  Knowing that camu camu has the highest amount of vitamin C of any food I created the SUPER C ORANGE CREAMSICLE smoothie!  It quickly became a favorite at my cafe...parents and kids alike.   Here it is for you.  Stay healthy this winter.



This smoothie is great for boosting the immune system with 235% of your Daily Value of Vitamin C.  Everyone in your family will love it.   Kids go nuts over this and you'll know they are getting their full Vitamin C for the day warding off the Flu and Colds and more.

Super C Orange Creamsicle
by Helen Rose, Owner of Superfoods on Main

1 Peeled Orange
1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
1/4 tsp of Camu Camu
Sweeten to taste (agave, & stevia DO NOT ADD BANANA.  It troughs off the taste.
12 oz of Rice Milk, Raw Almond Milk, or even water.  (Raw Almonds & Nut Milk Bags).

Place peeled orange (2 if you are doubling recipe) and all other ingredients in the blender.  Fill with rice milk, raw almond milk, hemp milk, or water to 16 oz line of the blender canister.) Blend until smooth.  To thicken more add more oranges or ice.

Enjoy your Super C immunity boost!

Helen Rose, owner of Superfoods on Main, a vegetarian cafe at 106 S. Main Street in Mount Airy MD.



Comments